June 22, 2006

Appreciation

Have you ever met someone and you were instantly drawn to them? Not necessarily in a physical, carnal way but in a more intimate way.

Well a couple of years ago I met a guy and we clicked instantly. It wasn't a romantic thing. It was a natural thing. From the moment I saw him, a beauty radiated from within him. He was going through a lot of personal turmoil but I could always see his beautiful spirit. As time went on, our relationship morphed into one that involved romance but due to life issues, we haven't been in a place where we could explore romance. We are still friends though. Sometimes it saddens me because every time I see him, his spirit radiates but he can't seem to connect with it.

I so often wish that he could see himself the way I see him, a strong, beautiful, graceful man who has this huge capability for love. I guess that's why I love him.

No comments: