February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

I'm sure there will be plenty of blogs about today. Some people will blog about love lost. Others will blog about the commercialization of the day and then some people will blog about how they hate this day.

I'm really indifferent to it one way or the other. I can remember only a couple of times that I actually had a Valentine on V-day (and two of those times were when I was in elementary school). Any other time I've been single. Sometimes woefully single other times powerfully single.

This year I'm just single. Now don't get me wrong. I am a romantic at heart and it would be sweet and lovely if the person who had my heart would take the time out to do something extra special today but alas he does not believe in the holiday and I am left to presume that my desires are not pressing enough to make him step outside of himself. I suppose that's why I'm still single...Oh well different discussion, different day.

All in all, I just want to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day. Make this and every other day as special as it can be for you. I know I will be enjoying my bottle of cheap, yet tasty bubbly tonight.

No comments: