February 06, 2007

Can a girl get a break?

Goodness...it truly is hard out there for a pimp...

Late last year I decided that I wanted to focus more on my public relations skills and bringing in more PR clients. I'm very choosy about who I work with, especially as I make a name for myself as someone who does PR in the entertainment (music) industry. I enjoy working with people who deserve publicity and promotion and helping them get it. I don't mind working hard and I'm confident in my skillset as a PR person but it's hard to get clients.

I've reached out to people who have said that they need PR work but I get no response. It can be frustrating at times. Now I can admit that I am working on a major project that will definitely pan out financially if we can get all of the necessary components working. (Stay tuned for that one...) but I want to work with at least two other clients to solidify my client goals.

Keep your fingers crossed for me as I keep pushing forward. This is yet another thing that is teaching me the patience that I understand is necessary for growth.

Now on a personal note, I am not doing so well in that department. I am so delighted that I was able to enjoy the experience of being truly in love and while things haven't panned out as I had hoped, I still have a special place in my heart for him. He is dealing with some major stress right now and some people aren't the easiest to be close to when they're stressed out. I understand that but it is hurtful at times when he acts out due to stress so I just work to be understanding and step away from things when I feel like I'm starting to react negatively.

Goodness this patience thing covers all relationships, business and personal. Boy the life lessons never stop!

No comments: