August 19, 2008

Honesty is the best policy

Well if you've read about the escapades of the weekend barbecue that gave us the phrase of the day, "Have you sucked dick today?", then you remember that the guy who delivered the line was interested in me and we exchanged numbers. Well we had been texting back and forth since then and I could tell he's a nice guy. However, it was beginning to seem like he wasn't truly interested in getting to know me. But I wanted to have at least one extended phone conversation with him before I made a decision on him. Well we spoke briefly the other day and we talked about getting together.

He said that he wanted to see me, which for me is code for "I want you to come to my house". Since I'm not really looking to chill at anyone's house, I asked what would we do when we saw each other. He didn't really have a plan but he did make an annoying statement about me needing to be taken out to eat. I'm not trying to milk a guy's wallet and I hate being put in that box, especially when you haven't taken the time to really get to know me. Then he made a very telling statement about wanting to do something frugal. This told me that he didn't feel like he was financially able to really date.

I told him I was cool with whatever he decided. I really just wanted him to make a plan and then invite me along. Why oh Why do I have to force this guy to take the time to court me? Well our call ended because he had to do something. He promised to call me back but he didn't. The next day I got a text from him. This is basically what it said, "I like u, but I don't wanna waste your time. I'm not in a position to date. My intentions and desires are merely sexual..."

Oh boy...

So while I respect his honesty, I can't help but wonder if this is the status of dating right now. When we initially met, he mentioned not wanting to deal with women who treat him like a piece of meat. But he said that he was tired of dating people and waiting before he got physical with that person. He had apparently been doing that and it wasn't working for him so now he's focused on getting laid.

Interesting...

So now I'm back to square one as I work on reviving my dating life. I figured it would be an adventure and I was right. Stay tuned...

No comments: