January 21, 2008

Her name is Algebra

This past Saturday I had the opportunity to attend a concert featuring Algebra and friends. Algebra is an R&B/Soul singer from Atlanta that has been making waves for the past few years. The show was PHENOMENAL! Algebra gave one of the best shows I've seen in a while.

I first learned about Algebra a couple of years ago when my business partner was doing some work with Kedar Entertainment South. At the time, Algebra was a new artist signed to Kedar Entertainment and I had the opportunity to see her perform at the Vibe Fest in Atlanta for the first time. It was a wonderful performance. Her lyrics are so personable and relatable that you feel like you are having a conversation with a girlfriend who just happens to be on stage with a full band.

After she opened the show, she allowed the audience to experience Rahbi. Rahbi was fabulous! His stage show was so entertaining and full of energy that the audience couldn't help but love him. Check him out online at: www.rahbimusic.com.

After Rahbi wowed the crowd, Malachi came out and gave us a taste of his music. I've seen Malachi perform in the past and I'm a big fan of his live performances. He has a soulful, hip hop vibe that draws you in when he performs. Check out his website: www.hustlinboy.com.

Once Malachi performed, one of Algebra's background singers stepped to the forefront and rocked the house. Erica Smith had so much energy that I'm now a fan of hers too. I love it when R&B/Soul singers have a rock edge. As soon as I find her myspace or website, I will share it with you.

After Erica, we had a nice surprise. Grammy winning songwriter/producer Bryan-Michael Cox got on stage and performed some of hits for us. We all know him as a great producer and songwriter but I had no idea he was a singer. Well he added an extra dimension to the show, if that was even possible.

Once we were so full of great music and even greater performances, Algebra came back out and performed several more songs. She sang with her band and did an acoustic set with just her and a guitar that was awesome. Then she blessed us with good news that her album will be out Feb. 26. I'm quite excited because I've been waiting for an album from her ever since I first saw her perform at the Vibe Fest in 2005.

If you ever get the chance the see Algebra perform live, don't sleep on it. Jump at the opportunity. You won't regret it. In the meantime, check out her myspace page: www.myspace.com/algebrablessett.

No comments: