September 05, 2006

Beyonce's Bday

Well ladies and gents, I have a not-so-secret secret. I am a fan of Beyonce. I've always been a fan of hers and Destiny's Child. I was glued to the screen when the group split up and then decided to replace the two fallen members. I watched that "Say My Name" video to see who the two new chicks were. I paid close attention to Michelle as she became a true member of the group once the other girl, Farrah dropped off. And yes, I know all of their names. Now that Beyonce has stepped out on her own, I remain a fan of hers as well. I was truly disappointed in the showing that Kelly and Michelle made with their own solo albums but it tickles me to see Kelly doing her acting thang so I will support her through the cinema.

Well I say all of this to say that I went out and bought Beyonce's sophomore album, Bday today. I was driving around running some errands and I remembered that today was Sept 5 and Beyonce's much awaited album would be in stores so I headed straight for the nearest Best Buy and picked it up. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. I expected it to be a good album because I've heard a few songs from it but the whole thing was good. It was a bit short though but the 10 tracks on it are definitely ear candy. I would tell anyone to go out and pick it up. She has definitely grown up and improved on her craft. It's great to see an artist like Beyonce come out and grow and change for the better, all in the public eye.

So go out and cop Beyonce's new album. You won't be disappointed!

No comments: