August 21, 2006

I give up...sorta

Well I did it. I gave in to the "man" and got a "real" job. I now work part time for SunTrust Bank. Mind you, this is a part time gig so I can still work on building my client base in public relations and working with my current clients on the management/business consulting side. But, this new part time gig serves a few purposes.

1. It gets my mom off of my back. She can stop making sideways comments about me not working and I get out of the house every day.
2. I get benefits. Benefits for an individual are quite expensive and it really helps to be able to defer that cost. Granted, my benefits don't become active until I've been with the company for four months, but I'm ok with that. At least I can look forward to having decent insurance coverage.
3. I get stability. Although this is a part time gig, I will be making a steady (albeit not that large) paycheck twice a month. As a Taurus who needs stability, this is just what I need to get my mind off of some of my stability woes and onto making myself the millionaire I am destined to become.

With all of those things said, it was the hardest thing in the world to actually take the job but I feel a lot more proactive doing so. Now I can really push for building. I just got a new client that proves to give me a lot more leverage in the Atlanta market, which is an excellent gateway to other markets (like New York for example). I also have another potentially huge client that's on deck so keep your fingers crossed for me. If all things go well, I am poised to be in a great position by the end of this year.

I'm very excited at this new possibility before me. I'm hoping that I will be able to start traveling between Atlanta and New York on a regular basis really soon. I've decided that it doesn't make sense to move to New York until I can fully support myself in the fabulous lifestyle that I strive to ultimately achieve.

No comments: