July 31, 2006

Reunited...my how time flies!

This past weekend I attended my 10 year high school reunion. Time has flown so fast. I can't say that I remember my graduation like it was yesterday but it doesn't seem like it's been 10 whole years since I was just 18 years old.

It was really great seeing some of the people at the reunion. This makes me reflect on my overall high school experience. I realize that I had a really good one. Now I wasn't one of the "popular kids" but I wasn't a "reject or outkast" either. I had my share of friends and I managed to be in the band, on the drill team, a member of the track team and a cheerleader. Yeah I was an avid joiner then too. I had a good time so I was excited about attending my reunion.

For the most part, everyone looked like they were doing well (or able to hide things if they weren't) and having a good time reconnecting. The funny thing was being around certain people and seeing how they haven't changed. There was a particular group of gossipy girls who were always talking about other people and pointing out the negative in every situation. This same group of girls have now grown into a group of women who do the very same thing. It always amazes me how running into people from my past can remind me why I don't really keep in touch with those people.

Overall, my 10 year high school reunion was a pleasant experience. I would definitely attend the 20 year. It will be interesting to see how those folks age and how many more kids they have.

No comments: